The Liverpool Service User Reference Forum (SURF) is a group of people who represent the views of people living with dementia, their carers & families across the City of Liverpool.
Our vision is to improve the quality of life for people living with dementia, their carers and families and also to make Liverpool a dementia friendly city.
We want people living with dementia and their carers to have a voice and a say on services, plans and decision making in Liverpool.
Our aims are :
- To involve people living with dementia and their carers with Liverpool City Council, Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group and other organisations in planning for better services.
- To be consulted on future developments about health, social care and other services in Liverpool.
- To ensure that people living with dementia and their carers are kept informed about services that affect them.
- To let service providers and others know about dementia and what it is like for those who live with dementia and their carers.
- To join in with events, meetings and other activities and to represent the Forum.
- To work with Liverpool Dementia Action Alliance.
- To promote the rights of people living with dementia their carers and families in Liverpool.